College Advisory Council
The College Council provides advice and support to the Principal and the Staff of the College. Members of the College Council are valued for their wisdom and the contribution they make to the functioning of the College and work together to ensure that the Mercy Ethos underpins the life of the College.
The purposes of the Council are:
- To act as a consultative council for the School and the Principal in the provision of Catholic education by the School.
- To promote the Mercy ethos and to ensure the charism is alive and central to all deliberations.
- To assist the Principal and staff in policy making, including the formulation of foundational documents.
- To assist in the preparation of the College budget and to recommend its adoption.
- To provide advice concerning the financial administration of the College. This could include supporting the Principal with fund raising activities organised by auxiliary bodies associated with the College.
- To give such practical support to the College as required in matters such as capital development, the maintenance of College facilities and equipment.
- To take part in the strategic planning for the future operations of the College.
- To assist generally in developing relationships both within the College community and between the College and the wider community.
- To facilitate the welcome of parents and children new to the College.
- To develop strategies for the local promotion of Catholic education.
Membership of Council
The Council shall consist of no fewer than seven (7) and no more than twelve (12) members comprising the following:-
- The Principal;
- A person who shall be the nominee of MSEI;
- No fewer than five (5) and no more than ten (10) persons appointed by the Principal, some of whom shall be parents of current students of the College.